Are you perplexed about postalveolars, bewildered by benefactives, or hesitant about headedness parameters?
You've come to the right place! The Linguistics Graduate Course Union is pleased to offer tutoring to students enrolled in linguistics courses.
For Fall 2020 (September-December), we are offering tutors for the following courses:
- LIN101H1, LIN200H1, LIN201H1, LIN203H1, LIN228H1, LIN232H1, LIN251H1, LIN322H1, LIN323H1*, LIN341H1*
(Note: Courses marked with an asterisk * are those for which we have only a few available tutors.)
Please note that due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, we are only offering tutoring through an online video-audio chat application (e.g., Skype, Zoom) and accepting payment made via e-transfer (e.g., Interac, PayPal).
To request a tutor:
- Read and understand all the terms and conditions found on the LGCU Tutoring Contract Form
- Submit the Request Form online
The Tutoring Coordinator will contact you once an arrangement is made. This normally takes at least 5 business days.
Once your request is received, you will be contacted by the tutor directly. The hourly rate for tutoring is $25 CAD.
By requesting tutoring services, you are agreeing to the following terms:
- The Student must provide at least a 24-hour notice to their respective Tutor in order to set up a tutoring session between them.
- It is the Student's responsibility to set up a meeting in advance to ensure that their tutoring sessions can take place as they need or wish. If Student fails to provide the 24-hour notice to their Tutor, the Tutor will not be responsible for missing or cancelling the suggested appointment.
- The Student must contact their Tutor for scheduling their rst appointment within a week after the assignment; otherwise, their request will be cancelled.
- The Student and Tutor are required to be present for their appointment by its starting time.
- If the Student shows up late, they must still pay the full amount of the tutoring fee incurred based on the originally-scheduled starting and ending times.
- If the Student wishes to extend the appointment with their Tutor due to their late arrival, supplementary fees will be charged according to the schedule in the LGCU Tutoring Contract.
- The Student is responsible for communicating about a possible late arrival in advance.
- Under extraordinary circumstances only, any fees associated with being late are under the discretion of the Tutor.
- The Student must provide their Tutor at least a 24-hour notice in case they wish to cancel an appointment that has already been scheduled.
- If the Tutor does not hear about said cancellation within the time limit as listed above, the Student is required to pay 50% of the tutoring fee that would have been charged for the appointment.
- Under extraordinary circumstances only, any fees associated with last-minute cancellation are under the discretion of the Tutor.
- The Tutor is never required or expected to prepare for their tutoring sessions.
- The Tutor may cancel the contract with the Student based on their judgment regarding problems with the execution of their appointments.
- The Student must acknowledge that they are solely responsible for the outcome of their assignment(s), exam(s) and the course(s) and that the Tutor neither can guarantee nor is responsible for any form of improvement in the Student's grade(s) or academic performance in general.
- The Tutor is never required or expected to prepare any change for the payment process.
- The Tutor is never required or expected to do any tutoring-related work outside the appointment hours.
- A Student who sees any concerns or issues with their Tutor must report to the Tutoring Services Coordinator immediately.
- The Student must prepare the exact amount in cash and pay it to their assigned Tutor at the beginning of each session.
- Payment is made in cash. No cheques are accepted.
- Payment may also be done through e-transfer if and only if both the Student and the Tutor agree on this method of payment. If so, the Student must pay the exact amount immediately such that their Tutor will be notied of the payment no later than 24 hours after their tutoring session.
The following terms are for online meetings only:
- The Student must use the online method of payment (e-transfer) both Student and Tutor have agreed upon.
- The Student must pay the exact amount immediately such that their Tutor will be notified of the payment no later than 24 hours after their tutoring session.
- The Student is responsible for contacting their Tutor immediately should there be any issue regarding their payment.